- Layout, construct and provide primary infrastructure, in the designated areas
- Provide secondary development such as residential, commercial and recreational facilities
- Provide property management services, which include property rentals
- Property sales in both primary and secondary developments
- Conference services at the Jamaica Conference Centre
- Management services through St. Ann Development Company
- Utilities through Runaway Bay Water Company
The UDC has significant commercial interests, which are represented by its subsidiaries and related companies. These include:
- St. Ann Development Company Ltd. manages its assets in St. Ann
- Ocho Rios Commercial Centre Ltd. manages the Ocean Village Shopping Centre, Ocho Rios
- Runaway Bay Water Company Ltd.
- Montego Freeport Limited
- Caymanas Development Limited
The Corporation also has substantial share ownership in the following companies:
- Grand Lido Hotel (Negril) 50%
- Portmore Commercial Shopping Centre 49%
The Corporation is therefore involved in several sectors and offers a wide range of products and services. It interacts with a number of entities including the local authorities and communities to ensure that development is beneficial to all.
The Corporation complements the Town Planning Division and the Town and Country Planning Authority, the government agencies responsible for outline and detailed land use planning and control.
Today the UDC is implementing many projects across Jamaica, in the areas of primary infrastructure, tourism, and secondary development
Its role is "make development happen" and to be a catalyst for both public and private sector developments.
For over 40 years the UDC has provided outstanding service. As a result, the Corporation has earned the reputation for excellence in its overall performance and project implementation