Deputy General Manager Finance and Treasury
URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER –
FINANCE, TREASURY AND INVESTMENT
Reporting to the General Manager, the Deputy General Manager - Finance, Treasury and Investment is the organization’s principal financial officer with responsibility for the coordination, control and directing of all corporate accounting and finance activities in a manner designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements and provide timely, meaningful and accurate reporting of all financial matters.
The incumbent will have responsibility for:
- Leading the development and managing the implementation of the corporate financial strategic and operational plans for the Corporation and its subsidiaries, as well as provides general business advice as required from time to time by the General Manager.
- Leading the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for the Board of Directors, parent ministry and the Ministry of Finance reporting on the fiscal soundness and operational effectiveness of the organization.
- Planning and developing financial programmes to ensure the effective allocation and utilization of the organization’s financial resources.
- Overseeing project alliances to ensure that partnership arrangements are maintained and timely and comprehensive reporting to external partners and stakeholders are done.
- Managing the company’s cash resources.
- Ensuring that the organization’s assets are accounted for and properly identified.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A graduate degree in Finance/Accounting or ACCA/ CPA professional certification
- At least fifteen (15) years experience in financial and management accounting, five (5) of which should be as a Senior Financial Officer in a large public or private organization
- Sound knowledge of Treasury Management
- Knowledge of the Public Bodies Management and Accountability Act.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- An impressive combination of commercial acumen, technical and operational knowledge and a proven track record for making things happen and influencing change.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus.
- A confident communicator who is pragmatic and consistent, with excellent conceptual and listening skills, with a definite ability to lead and motivate others within and across organizations.
- Professional presence, recognized integrity, sound judgment and a team-building approach that cultivates an infrastructure of support. Equally important is a network of successful relationships with the local and international financial community, multilateral lending agencies, government and industry.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than July 26, 2019 to:
The General Manager
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
or Fax to: 967-9463
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: DGM Finance, Treasury and Investment
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.