Festival Marketplace and Food Bazaar
The UDC is spearheading a multi-agency approach to the development and rejuvenation of areas in downtown Kingston and Port Royal through the following focus points:
- Arresting physical and social blight within the development area and beyond to improve economic and social conditions
- Deﬁning the capital city's status as the seat of govemment while establishing Port Royal's well deserved importance to Jamaica and the world in general
- Improving physical infrastructure
- Creating the impetus for public/private investments
- Creating an environment of Safety and Security
- Protecting & preserving the natural environment
- Creating an atmosphere as inclusive as it is diverse, with amenities which attract both Jamaicans and visitors and providing services accessible by all.
The Festival Market Place, located on 8.9 acres of prime land, intended to be one more element and attraction in the development of the Kingston Waterfront. It is envisioned to be the premier waterfront destination. It will be a waterfront extension of the renewed Market & Commercial Districts to the north, as well as the terminal point of the existing east-west pedestrian arcade and promenade. It will include in-bond and local shopping; restaurants and bars; loft apartments; multi-use commercial/office space; indoor/outdoor exhibition space, vendors arcade, marina and docking facilities, multipurpose outdoor recreational/entertainment space adjacent to craft market; parking and bridged connection over Port Royal Street.
How can you play a part?
Discuss with our investment team today!