DIRECTOR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
REQUIRES A DIRECTOR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
The incumbent has the responsibility to manage the overall day to day functions of the Facilities Management Department inclusive of project teams for major construction projects and renovations; maintenance of the UDC’s premises and all of the building support systems; negotiate construction and building maintenance contracts on behalf of the UDC; manage large contracts to ensure that the UDC gets value for money, in order to provide first class, secure and well equipped premises island-wide for staff and clients.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Management or Engineering from an accredited tertiary institution
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited tertiary institution
• Minimum ten (10) years working experience in Construction Management or Engineering plus at least four (4) years as a Senior Facilities Manager in a medium or large organization.
• Strong technical background and proven expertise in building construction, renovation and ongoing maintenance in order to preserve the UDC’s asset value.
• Strong analytical skills in the complex phases of building construction, specifically in architectural design, structural analysis, mechanical and electrical design and analysis.
• Working knowledge of building support systems, specifically knowledge in air conditioning and ventilation systems, voice and data circuitry, electrical systems, elevator operation and maintenance, water delivery systems, and energy conservation design.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
• Be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, Power Point and Autocad.
• Be able to read blue prints for constructions, electrical, mechanical and structural requirements
• Communication to include public speaking, the management of meetings, report writing, in addition to oral and written communication skills.
• Motivating and team building
• Budgeting and budget management
• Construction cost analysis
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be emailed no later than November 15, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted